"Fly Fishing with Dad!" Alaska by toddecus
Alaska Travel Guide: 7,135 reviews and 15,736 photos
The island is an hour or so flight north west out of Kethican. We actually stayed up in Whale Pass, which is 50 miles by pavement, then 50 miles by dirt north on Prince of Wales Island.
Since every reasonable flight into Alaska seems to originate from Seattle, you will likely spend an overnight here staging your trip, we did!
Can't get to Prince of Whales Island without a sea plane from Ketchikan. The picture was taken from the cockpit of the sea plane as we flew out of Ketchikan. You can see the runway off to the right.
- Pros:Beautiful clean outdoor fishing fun.
- Cons:Not easy to get to.
- In a nutshell:Eagle, Bear, Halibut or Salmon around every corner...
toddecus' Related Pages
Alaska Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Land of the Midnight Sun"
- "Alaska--my home for now (again)"
- "Alaska, up north and far away"
- "Train Ride Through Alaska's Interior"
- "The Last Great Frontier"
- "Alaska, America's Crown Jewel"
- "Alaska, land of beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alaska
- Hotels in Alaska
- Transportation in Alaska
- Nightlife in Alaska
- Restaurants in Alaska
- Shopping in Alaska
- Warnings and Dangers in Alaska
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alaska
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Alaska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alaska
Top 10 Pages
- Tucson Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos
- El Segundo Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos
- Hollywood Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Chandler 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Newton 4 reviews, 9 photos
- San Francisco 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Dedham 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 1 review, 9 photos
- Dubai Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Riga 3 reviews, 6 photos