"A few nights in Wales" Wales by amandajayne81

Wales Travel Guide: 4,804 reviews and 15,387 photos

Three nights in Abergavenny

Our time in Wales was only ever meant to be 1 night on the way from England to catching the ferry to Ireland but we had to change plans and have three nights. Thank goodness for this as they were 3 of the best nights on our trip and one of the places I would definitely return to and stay for much longer. The scenery was just so beautiful and from what I have heard the southern parts have nothing compared to the beauty up in the north.

Our stay was in late September and the weather was just beautiful.

• Pros:Peaceful, gorgeous scenery
  • Cons:The narrow little roads!
  • In a nutshell:If I ever get kicked out of Australia this is where I will move to!
  • Last visit to Wales: Sep 2008
  • Intro Written Nov 1, 2008

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Great pages, we often go to Cardiff via the Heads of the Valley road, but never stop to look.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Glad I found this page, it is lovely! Those old bridges are appealing, I especially like the ones where you get the nice reflection photo's.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Amanda, gorgeous page about Wales. I visited the country twice by myself, but must admit that you have been to many places I haven't even heard about. :-)

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2010 at 4:27 AM

So glad you enjoyed my adopted country, specially "my" town My house looks out on the mountain in the Castle car park picture but is a bit nearer that dreaded double round about! Thanks for leading me to history of Brynhonddu too!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Great page Amanda!

• glabah's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I see you are planning a trip to my part of the world. Hope you have a good time here.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Nice page on Wales. It looks like your B&B was a great find. Wales must be a grand place. After all, it is the home of one of the best entertainers of all time -- Tom Jones! Cheers, Bill

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

A country I still need to visit. Thanks for the fantastic info ;-)

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2008 at 7:47 AM

Nice page, I know so little about Wales!

amandajayne81 Visits Here Frequently!

amandajayne81