"One day in Northern Ireland is not enough" Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Ireland by amandajayne81

Northern Ireland Travel Guide: 1,884 reviews and 4,769 photos

Day trip to the Giant's Causeway from Dublin

We did a tour on the train and then a bus from Dublin up to Northern Ireland. It is interesting how people's perspectives of different countries are formed, especially when those people are literally on the other side of the world. My Grandmother thought we were silly to venture into Northern Ireland and maybe 20 years ago when she was in the UK that was a valid point but today it definitely isn't. We probably only had 8 hours in total there but loved every second of it. Belfast has the most amazing feel. Just so vibrant and on the move. That really shocked me as I wasn't expecting it at all. Then we did the bus trip up to the Giant's Causeway and encountered the most stunning scenery and amazing places. I definitely have to return to these places for longer!

• Pros:Unbelievable feel about the place
  • Cons:The wind!!!
  • In a nutshell:I need to go back and spend more time in Northern Ireland
  • Last visit to Northern Ireland: Oct 2008
  • Intro Written Dec 14, 2008

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2011 at 4:48 AM

Sounds like you had a great daytrip! The Antrim coast looks absolutly stunning! I'm glad I have booked accommodation for two nights in Ballintoy( near Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge) when I visit Northern Ireland later this year.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Great photos Amanda!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Going to Ireland in Sept and you have now really got my feet itching with all the walks and tips you have given us ;-)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Walking is one of my fav hobbies but would pass on the rope bridge!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Nice page on your trip to Northern Ireland. Your photo on the rope bridge is spectacular! Cheers, Bill

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 1:53 AM

great tips here. rope bridge looks little scary :) all the best. bora

amandajayne81 Visits Here Frequently!

amandajayne81

“See See See”

Badges & Stats in Northern Ireland

Have you been to Northern Ireland?