"Weekend in Gladstone" Gladstone by amandajayne81
Gladstone Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 142 photos
We flew into Gladstone and flew out. We had 2 nights in between and didn't have a car. We were based at the Rydges Hotel and didn't see much that wasn't in walking distance except the Botanic Gardens.
It was quite an interesting town but at the same time SO industrial. Mind you that is why it is there so you can't really criticise. I am glad I saw it and if you are driving that way pull in for a look around but I wouldn't recommend it as a holiday destination unless you were into fishing and planning to go off shore.
- Pros:Lots to see if you are into heavy machinery or have a kid that is!
- Cons:All the beautiful views are blocked by smoke stacks and a nearly everyone seems to be a shift worker.
- In a nutshell:Pull in have a look around and then keep going with your journey
Whilst on our walk this shop drew the attention of the males in our party. They all agreed not a bad little fishing shop... more travel advice
We were based at Goondoon Street and after breakfast on our first morning we thought we would do some walking.... more travel advice
amandajayne81's Related Pages
Gladstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLADSTONE - A CITY WITH BEAUTIFUL PARKS"
- "Sweetberry's Gladstone Page"
- "Gladstone a City of Contrasts"
- "Weekend in Gladstone"
- "Lake Awoonga, Central Queensland, near Gladstone"
- "Funny trafic sign"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gladstone
- Hotels in Gladstone
- Transportation in Gladstone
- Restaurants in Gladstone
- Shopping in Gladstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Gladstone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gladstone
- 7 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Gladstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gladstone
Photos in GladstoneSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Island Intro, 33 reviews, 31 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 21 photos
- Ireland Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Wales Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bribie Island Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Stanthorpe Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Province of Alberta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yamba Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos