"Terrific Townsville" Top 5 Page for this destination Townsville by amandajayne81

Townsville Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 149 photos

My first visit to Northern Queensland

This was my first visit to the tropical north. I left southern Queensland and its below freezing night time temperatures and arrived in a place where shorts and shirts in July were nearly too hot-fabulous I say. Not sure if I will be as keen to visit in the middle of summer as I think the weather might be too warm for me.

Great city that is developing and I think it will only get better over the next few years. Would be nice to live there and a great destination for holidays.

My visit only lasted 3 nights and I am keen to return and see a few more of the sights that I missed.

• Pros:Beautiful Warm weather
  • Cons:The shops and facilities are slowly catching up the rate of growth
  • In a nutshell:Great tropical holiday spot!
  • Last visit to Townsville: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2011

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Amanda,I often go to Townsville for a weekend away--you have written what it is like in a nutshell,I love destressing on the Strand. Thanks Dorrise

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Amanda, it looks like you made the most of the short time you had in Townsville! Your visit reminded me of a similar all-too-short visit to Cairns with my family in 1980. I could have used more time too!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2009 at 6:52 AM

Townsville looks like ideal for a weekend jaunt--except for those stingers you mentioned!

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2008 at 12:37 PM

An interesting beach town. Thanks for the tips.

amandajayne81

“See See See”

Badges & Stats in Townsville

Have you been to Townsville?

Latest Activity in Townsville