"Amanda's Travels" amandajayne81's Profile
Hi I live in a small country town in Queensland Australia which has a strong tourism flavour. I was born here and have lived here for all of my life apart from when I went to uni and also when I spent time in NZ.
All my life I have wanted to travel but for various reasons I have only recently been able to start some adventures.
As Australians we often get asked whether kangaroos and wallabies are found bounding down our main streets. The answer is generally not in the middle of towns even as small as mine and definitely NOT in the big cities. However they are around. Unfortunately tourists tend to see more as road kill than alive. I have spent hundreds of dollars on my cars after unfortunate incidents which usually involve the roo bounding happily off after what it considers a minor prang.
Mind you this chap was quite happily alive and enjoying the sun this day. Pretty awesome animals even though I have seen them all my life. They are however a bit of a pest to farmers. Like many other animals modern agriculture and life in general has upset their natural way of being. Out in the west we have massive bores (water supplies) and planted areas which have allowed the roos to breed up into massive numbers. People often think it cruel that we kill (and some people even eat!) our national symbol. All I ask is that people try to see it from everyone's point of view before passing too much judgement on 'us Aussies'.
Sorry the pic is so small there is a roo right in the centre. I don't know how to make the photo any bigger. Sad.
Another animal shot - this little chap was having a sunbake out in the front garden. Refused to get out of my photos so I made him the subject.
I love living in a rural area with all the animals that come and go. Like most females I love my shopping both here and in my travels but ideally I would like to see places that have more animals and grass than shopping centres and carparks.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 265 Reviews
- 225 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- amandajayne81 and Faiza-Ifrah are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Local Travel"
- Commented on Wowmoment's profile page
- updated a Bribie Island Travel Page "Weekend at Bribie"
- Wrote a Review Watching the ships go by in Bribie Island Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watching the ships go by"
created their Personal Page "The aftermath of the flooding Jan 2011"
PhotosSee All Photos (225)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Island Intro, 33 reviews, 31 photos
- England Intro, 31 reviews, 21 photos
- Ireland Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Wales Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bribie Island Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Stanthorpe Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Province of Alberta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yamba Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos