"perla del mar de oriente" Philippines by asiantraveler
Philippines Travel Guide: 23,733 reviews and 78,856 photos
The Philippines is an archipelago of 7,107 islands ...just think about it
...that's 7,000 more different views of the sun
...7,000 more of island coves and secluded beaches
...7,000 more surprises waiting for you to enjoy and experience
You can travel the Philippines either by boat or by air.
- depend upon your preference.
Ferry travel is a cheap means of transportation (if you want to go island hopping) and it can also be rewarding ...as for me its like cruising in paradise.
This island nation is a fusion of different cultures ...It's east meet west
...a melting pot ...it's chaotic, diverse, colorful, crazy, lively ...it's everything beyond your expectations ...something that surprises you more and more ...an endless beauty ...a great country that you will never forget ...i bet ...you will love it.
Colonized by Spain for more than 300 years so don't be surprise if you have the odd feeling like you are somewhere in Latin America. Nope! you are in Asia ...Great Buddhist Temples? ...you cannot find it here but hey we have lots of Churches comparable to Europe...old stone churches ...lots of it.
Under the mighty USA for 40 years ...thus, english signs everywhere especially in cities ...american fast food in every corner ....english speaking people with american accent ...yes! you are still in Asia
Blend everything together like cooking a delicious meal
the end result is amazing...
Most Filipinos are Catholics and their names are more likely the names of Catholic Saints. They love fiestas and festivals honoring the saints ...lots of dancing, eating etc.
Then there's the Chinese ... the tsinoy as we call them ...mostly concentrated in Binondo, the chinese district ...the oldest china town in the world ...yes! they are Filipinos ...but dont surprise yourself ...they speak chinese.
The Moslems ...mostly resides in Mindanao ...simple, ambitious, la rasa valiente (a brave race) who never succumb to foreign domination ...love them
The Tribal Minorities ...Ifugaos, maranaos, ivatans, eatas, mangyans etc ...like salt and pepper ...they add up flavor to cultural mix.
- Pros:beautiful beaches, awesome sunsets, friendly people, people can speak english, diverse wildlife
- In a nutshell:you have 7000 more reasons to return
the colonial masters left their indelible mark in the country ...visit many colonial buildings, towns and cities ...have... more travel advice
asiantraveler's Related Pages
Philippines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Philippines: The Fiesta Islands of Asia"
- "Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..."
- "My Country Home"
- "Over 7000 Islands!! Have Fun"
- "Beautiful Philippines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philippines
- Hotels in Philippines
- Transportation in Philippines
- Nightlife in Philippines
- Restaurants in Philippines
- Shopping in Philippines
- Warnings and Dangers in Philippines
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Philippines
- 49 Reviews
- 278 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Philippines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippines
Top 10 Pages
- Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues
- Marikina Intro, 9 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laiya Intro, 4 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Province of Iloilo Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Province of Batangas Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Makati Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bacolod City Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (46)
Top Philippines hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Boracay Island Hotels
- 1618 Reviews - 4456 Photos
- Tagaytay Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 863 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 870 Photos
- Cebu City Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 1429 Photos
- Quezon City Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Makati Hotels
- 518 Reviews - 2059 Photos
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- 361 Reviews - 916 Photos
- Pagudpud Hotels
- 412 Reviews - 1111 Photos
- Vigan Hotels
- 417 Reviews - 1221 Photos
- Cebu Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 433 Photos
- Bohol Hotels
- 489 Reviews - 1571 Photos
- Davao Hotels
- 244 Reviews - 803 Photos
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 216 Reviews - 461 Photos