"THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING OF OUR JOURNEY" topgunn's Profile

My wife Beth and I discovered the home exchange website about three years ago and have now decided to spread our wings and take advantage of our ability to get away every once in a while.
We organise the swap, thgen all we have to pay for is plane tickets and spending money. Accommodation is obviously taken care of.
So far we have exchanged to California, Hawaii, New York, spent a week on a 30 foot powercat in The Whitsundays and are shortly heading off to Carmel, Palm Springs, Mexico and San Diego.

VIVA Las Vegas

We couldn't go to Vegas without having the quintessential Elvis wedding. We renewed our vows for our 10th wedding anniversary. A mates joke was a little photoshop of this photo . . . look my hair returns!

The only way to end a holiday

After travelling from Coast to Coast on our last USA adventure, it was great to spend a few days in Hawaii on the way home to Australia, just to wind down.
This photo is taken at Dukes Bar, a wonderful place to stop for a cocktail or five and watch the sun set

Central Park at Christmas

After Ice skating in Central Park, we found time to sit down for a photo on what was New Year's Eve, just before our attempt to hit Times Square for the New Year's celebrations . . . we left it too late to head into Broadway and to be honest, we couldn't get within 12 blocks of the ball dropping, penned in like animals and it was freezing!

Do you know how expensive they are in Australia?

Mustangs . . . you can get them for about $30,000 in the USA, in Australia it would set you back closer to $80,000 and there is only about a 10c in the dollar difference in the currency rate. Someone is making money!
Hired one to do the West Coast - San Diego to Monterey.

Pebble Beach

If only I could justify paying $500 for a game of golf. I can afford it, just can't bring myself to do it, especially the way I play. At least I know I would see plenty of the course and donate plenty of balls to the ocean. Last trip I had to settle for a bit of a look around

How often can you stand in middle of a busy NY st

The road was blocked off for a funeral for a local official, so it's not often you get to stand in the middle of the st and get you photo taken. Can't remember St name, think it may have been 5th Ave.

• Intro Updated Mar 26, 2008

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Greetings from beautiful Anavyssos, Greece. I live just a stone's throw away from the hotel you will be staying at. Let me know when you are here if you need any help. Janet

• risse73's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Yes, I do believe that the excitement is in the planning. I think it's the anticipation & the prospect of an adventure! Enjoy your upcoming trips to the US! -Marissa-

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
topgunn's Profile Photo

topgunn

“The fun is in the planning”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.