"Dreaming away" jennydahlgren's Profile

Trying to make my travel dreams come true.

As a single mom with a low payed job, getting away from the day-to-day routine demands some work. Both me and my 11 year-old daughter loves to travel, and to make travel plans, and so far we have managed to take a trip to Egypt when she was 3, and to Nice, France, last summer.

I am 33 now, whith some experience of travelling in the baggage. Most of the trips I have taken with my mother and my sisters, and when I still lived at home we used to take the car to France. As my daughter grew older, we more and more developed a mutual interest in travelling, and last year we had finally saved up enough money for a one-week trip to Nice together with my best friend and her daughter (who is my daughter's best friend).

We are currently planning our next trip together with my spouse, which will take place in 2009. Since my daughter loved Nice so much, we are going back there.

In my job - I am a research assistant and PhD student - I get to travel a lot, but at those trips all I see is a top notch hotel and airports. For that reason, I would really like to travel by train aorund Europe som day. Other places I would like to visit is New York, Greece and some exotic island.

Nice 2007

In July 2007, my daughter and I together with our best friends took a trip to Nice, France. I have been there several times before, and I just love it.

To single moms mean sticking to a tight budget. Finding a cheap hotel in Nice was easy, we stayed at Hotel Helvetique, located two blocks from the main street, five minutes from the beach and a ten minute walk from the beautiful Old Town.

Travelling with two 11-year-olds means spending most of the time on the beach. But we also had time to visit a village close to Nice, eating in the Old Town, shopping and taking a walk to the Harbour.

we will try to come back in 2009, on a not so tight budget, this time.

• Intro Updated Mar 20, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!