"Los Cabos, Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Norte by kathycollins

Estado de Baja California Norte Travel Guide: 1,376 reviews and 2,872 photos

Shopping in Cabo San Jose

I spent a week in Los Cabos area of Baja - most of it spent at the resort, Presidente Intercontinental, where I attended a conference...more about the resort in the Accommodations section!
A highlight of our trip was the little town of San Jose...interesting little shops, friendly people...and we were there during the Fiesta de San Jose!

the Beaches of Los Cabos

Although extremely beautiul, the beaches of Los Cabos are not great places to swim. The sand is very uncomfortable to walk on - very rough and pebbly. The undertows in the area are infamous and very hazardous. Swimming is not recommended. But as a backdrop to the lovely resorts, as scenes of the marzelous water sports and fishing trips - it's heavenly!

a sweets stand at the San Jose fiesta

Bearing in mind the many warnings (and my observations of the experiences of others while I've visited Mexico) I resisted the temptation of the sweets and fruits available from venders at the fiesta. While not seriously tempted to push my luck and test the resilience of my GI system, I still greatly enjoyed to lovely presentation of the local produce!

• Pros:we had terrific weather - lovely sunshine!!!
  • Cons:not as great for swimming/snorkeling as I had hoped
  • In a nutshell:Great place to get a tan and lay back and relax
  • Last visit to Estado de Baja California Norte: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2003

Travelogues (1)

kathycollins

“Exploring the world - one page at a time!”

Badges & Stats in Estado de Baja California Norte

Have you been to Estado de Baja California Norte?

Latest Activity in Estado de Baja California Norte