"Albaicin - the other side of the coin" Granada by swiftfoot
Granada Travel Guide: 2,065 reviews and 5,240 photos
Exploring Albaicin on foot was very rewarding. It was late afternoon, after sipping beer in a patio with a view of Granada and the Alhambra in the distance, I ambled aimlessly through the seemingly empty streets and alleys of Albaicin. Luckily, I stumbled upon a small plaza where local residents had gathered. A band played invigorating native tunes - up tempo and percussive. Albaicin had awaken!
The Bono Turistico pass entitles the holder to admission to the Cathedral, among other places. Visit it in late... more travel advice
It is advisable to read about the Alhambra before you start your tour - or hire a guide. The visit is timed and you... more travel advice
swiftfoot's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- "My new home - My old home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Photos in GranadaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Macau 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Granada Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- South Korea Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Madrid Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos