"SPAIN" Madrid by swiftfoot
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,501 reviews and 11,469 photos
Across Plaza Mayor, the wrought iron facade looks anything but a market. The stalls inside offer a good selection of wines and tapas (as well as the usual produce and souvenir items). If you don't mind jostling for your lomo plancha and vino and standing while nursing your drink, you will enjoy its vibrance. Good value, too.
Lavo, located at No. 69, Paseo de Cartuja ? near the corner of Calle Murcia. Open until 7 pm. 8 Euros for 1 load self-service wash and dry, detergent included. If you do not want to do your laundry yourself, you pay an additional 2 Euros.
Internet wifi access is free. While your clothes are in the dryer, you can have a bite next door at Café Bar Avila or Pescaderia Mesa. Or you can visit the Monasterio de Cartuja (300 meters down Paseo de Cartuja).
we were in Plaza Mayor just at around 10 am when we noticed a small group milling around 2 young men and a woman. we... more travel advice
swiftfoot's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Macau 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Granada Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- South Korea Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Madrid Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos