"The Heart of Ecuador" Guamote by Wowmoment
Guamote Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
If you have ever had the urge to get right of the beaten tourist trail, see a country as the locals see it then Guamote is for you.
The town has a local market on Thursdays which sadly I did not experience. The rest of the time the town is pretty sleepy. Just the occasional train passing through.
Three times a week the famous Devil's Nose train stops here. Sadly the many tourists who ride the train will see no more of Guamote than this gem of a railway station. They will have missed treat.
- Pros:See life as it is lived.
- Cons:Not for those demanding luxury.
- In a nutshell:You will be charmed by this heavenly place.
Wowmoment's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Guamote
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Guamote?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guamote
Photos in GuamoteSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- United Kingdom Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Naples Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- Ronda Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos
- Chartres Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Russia Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Japan Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- St Albans Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Toledo Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos