"You never know when you will have a Wow moment!" Wowmoment's Profile
The year started with a long held dream - a trip to the End of the World - Patagonia.
Time to think small. I have now stopped work which means more time but less income. A little clever planning required, I think.
1 Relaxing in a Provence cottage.
2 Walking the Monaco Grand Prix circuit.
3 See Da Vinci's Last Supper in Milan.
4 Agia Sofia and the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.
5 Discovering Sicily
6 Milan Cathedral
I travel because I want to see what is there. I am not disappointed because that would mean my expectations have been too high. I try not to expect, merely to keep an open mind; a spirit of adventure and an eye for the ridiculous!
I endlessly hope that around the next corner will be something wonderful. sometimes I am right, these are the Wow Moments.
" What was the beach like?"
So nice to be with people who would not ask this question. Most people just don't get the point.
My favourite answer that I was able to give to this was after going to Namibia, I said " Its about 1200 miles long and 70 miles deep, its called the Namib Desert!"
I am working on a site for the UK with emphasis on saving money, this is a job in progress but I feel I can help those who want to see more for less.
I'm also getting the hang of using this site - good isn,t it?
UK cost saving
London cost saving
I went to this wonderful country and was taken aback by how much I enjoyed it. It was a relatively short flight from the UK and transported me into a magical world of deserts, mountains and castles.
After traveling along the edge of the desert we hit the coast and stayed at this bustling port. The picture was taken early, before breakfast when I have seldom seen a busier more colorful sight.
Chinatown in Singapore is like Chinatown everywhere, a delight.
Among a trip of highlights this helicopter ride around the island of Kauai was right up there. Quite a pricey treat but worth every cent.
For those who don't believe me, there is the possibility of something ridiculous round every corner.
Croatia is a gem and the coastline justly famous. However inland there are further treasures. Please do visit Plitvice Lakes National Park a truly memorable place.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 118 Reviews
- 390 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Wowmoment and Jeannette1 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "You never know when you will have a Wow moment!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "You never know when you will have a Wow moment!"
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Are most ATMs compatible with..."
- Commented on eriksson977's profile page
- updated a Ecuador Travel Page "Volcanos and Colour"
- Wrote a Review The Only Place to Stay in Guamote Hotels
PhotosSee All Photos (390)
Top 10 Pages
- United Kingdom Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Naples Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- Ronda Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos
- Chartres Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Russia Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Japan Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- St Albans Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Toledo Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos