"Driving through Mangochi" Mangochi District by georeiser
Mangochi District Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 17 photos
Mangochi is a township in the southern region of Malawi, near the southern end of Lake Malawi. The population is 60,000 people. I traveled by minibus from Lilongwe to Cape Maclear, but unfortunately I took the the bus to Mangochi instead of the short cut to Monkey Bay. It gave me the possibility to see the town centre and the off the beaten path area along the road.
The city has little to offer for tourists, and according to what I saw from the bus window I didn't miss anything by just changing bus at the bus station.
The town is an intersection in south-east Malawi. Buses travelling from Monkey Bay to Blantyre stop in Mangochi. There are minibuses to Liwonde, Zomba, Liwonde National Park and to the border town of Chiponde. The nearest airport is at Ulongwe, 87 km away.
The geographical coordinates are 14° 28' 0" South, 35° 16' 0" East.
georeiser's Related Pages
Mangochi District Travel Guide
- Hotels in Mangochi District
- Transportation in Mangochi District
- Nightlife in Mangochi District
- Restaurants in Mangochi District
- Warnings and Dangers in Mangochi District
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mangochi District
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Mangochi District?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mangochi District
Photos in Mangochi DistrictSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues