"I love Africa" Africa by georeiser
Africa Travel Guide: 78,080 reviews and 214,621 photos
My first visit to Africa was in 1991. It was an ordinary charter holiday to Sousse, Tunisia. It was not that special, so maybe my subconsciouness is the reason it should go 17 years before I should visit Africa again.
The travel to Africa in September 2008 was planned less than a week before I left. I had two criterias for traveling. - Since I had no visa in advance, only countries without visa or countries where you can buy visa at arrival was possible.
And it was necessary to find a flight with space available for my standby discounted tickets. I checked Amadeus one night at work, and Ethiopia was the best gateway to Africa. It was free seats with Ethiopian Airlines from Stockholm to Addis Abeba. The airlines had great connection from Addis to other African cities.
Addis Abeba is great. It was so easy and exciting to be there. After that Nairobi and Mombasa. The next travel was to Mocombique, Swasiland, South-Africa and Tanzania. A short trip to Eritrea in late December was planned one month before because they need a visa in advance. Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Kenya were visited in July and August 2009.
The African people are friendly and curious. Africa is the most exciting continent, and the atmosphere is so special. I love Africa!
Masaii's dancing and jumping outside one of Kenya's tourists attractions.
A street trader selling cashew nuts in front of a park in Maputo, Mocambique.
- Pros:The people and atmosphere
. Benin: Visa: Visa on arrival when you cross the borders by land will be issued for only 48 hours stay. There are... more travel advice
. Under construction: Visa: Visa on arrival at Accra Airport is possible, but some strict rules apply. An invitation... more travel advice
georeiser's Related Pages
Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AFRICA - LAND OF HISTORY & FRIENDSHIP"
- "A continent full of contrasts."
- "Africa, a never ending lovestory !"
- "My private Africa"
- "Africa the oldest Continent"
- "Africa - The Adventure Continent"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Africa
- Hotels in Africa
- Transportation in Africa
- Nightlife in Africa
- Restaurants in Africa
- Shopping in Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in Africa
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Africa
- 1,116 Reviews
- 4,927 Photos
- 17 Countries
- 35 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Africa
Videos in AfricaSee All Videos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
Top Africa hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- 1344 Reviews - 2449 Photos
- Cape Town Hotels
- 2671 Reviews - 6198 Photos
- Hurghada Hotels
- 672 Reviews - 1678 Photos
- Durban Hotels
- 424 Reviews - 851 Photos
- Marrakesh Hotels
- 2174 Reviews - 5968 Photos
- Mauritius Hotels
- 127 Reviews - 275 Photos
- Hammamet Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 440 Photos
- Mombasa Hotels
- 308 Reviews - 801 Photos
- Johannesburg Hotels
- 1079 Reviews - 2209 Photos
- Port Elizabeth Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Accra Hotels
- 289 Reviews - 760 Photos
- Addis Ababa Hotels
- 386 Reviews - 2925 Photos
- Pretoria Hotels
- 396 Reviews - 701 Photos
- Agadir Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 743 Photos
- Casablanca Hotels
- 519 Reviews - 1334 Photos