"Gardermoen Oslo Airport" Gardermoen by georeiser
Gardermoen Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 61 photos
The former main airport, Fornebu, was closed in 1998 due to its small size and replaced with a new and larger airport 45 km north of Oslo.
The new airport Gardermoen (OSL) has a capacity of 28 million passengers a year. 13,000 people work at the airport's more than 100 companies. It takes about 30 minutes to drive on the freeway from Oslo and 19 minutes with the airport train. The airport has two runways of 2,950 and 3,600 metres. And the ATC tower is 92 metres high.
Gardermoen is also a small village in the municipality of Ullensaker, and by many people only known for beeing an airport. But Gardermoen is not far away from Jessheim, which has the Nordic region's biggest shopping centre, as well as a cinema, restaurants, pub, disco. Jessheim is the home town of Tanya Hansen and Thomas Rodvang.
The view of Gardemoen airport from the ATC tower.
The view of Gardermoen airport tarmac with the ATC tower in the background.
Park Inn Hotel at Oslo Airport Gardermoen is the newest hotel in Gardermoen area. It has 300 rooms, 46 meeting rooms and... more travel advice
Gardermoen Airport Vandrerhjem is located on the west side of Oslo Airport, about 5 km from the terminal. Gardermoen... more travel advice
georeiser's Related Pages
Gardermoen Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Gardermoen
- Hotels in Gardermoen
- Transportation in Gardermoen
- Nightlife in Gardermoen
- Warnings and Dangers in Gardermoen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gardermoen
- 23 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Gardermoen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gardermoen
Photos in GardermoenSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues