"Dar es Salaam, Tanzania" Top 5 Page for this destination Dar es Salaam by georeiser
Dar es Salaam Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 349 photos
Dar es Salaam is the largest city in Tanzania. It is also the country's economic centre. The city has a about 4 mill. inhabitants. Dar es Salaam lost it's status as a capital to Dodoma in 1996. But it remains to be the centre of the government, and the embassies are located here. The city centre of Dar es Salam is a hectic and busy place with heavy trafic in the daytime. The name "Dar es Salaam" means “Peace of Heaven” in Swahili. The city is the former home of the famous cartoonist Martha (Mwaiselage) Gelege.
This photo is taken of a statue located in the middle of a traffic circle in Downtown.
You don't have to go to Zanzibar to find nice beaches. You will find beaches in the costal areas of Dar es Salaam.
Mandazi road is a central and busy street on the way to Msasani area in Dar es Salaam. The taxi drivers use this road to drive between the Msasani peninsula and the Mikocheni area. The bus Msasani-Ubungo passes every 15 minutes.
- Pros:Very friendly people. I love Dar es Salam
Slipway is an isolated resort area in Dar es Salaam with exclusive hotels. It has been many incidents of pickpockets... more travel advice
Kunduchi beach is in my mind the second most beautiful beach in Dar es Salaam. The beach has some exclusive hotels. But... more travel advice
- Dar es Salaam is warm
- See All The security officers at Zanzibar...
- See All Heavy traffic in the rush-hours
- See All Traditional clothing
georeiser's Related Pages
Dar es Salaam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My first taste of Africa"
- "Me, Dar and the Indian Ocean"
- "Dar es Salaam, Tanzania"
- "Dar Es Salaam - Haven of Peace"
- "Dar es Salaam"
- "Capital of the country with vast safari parks."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dar es Salaam
- Hotels in Dar es Salaam
- Transportation in Dar es Salaam
- Nightlife in Dar es Salaam
- Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
- Shopping in Dar es Salaam
- Warnings and Dangers in Dar es Salaam
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dar es Salaam
- 32 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dar es Salaam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dar es Salaam
Photos in Dar es SalaamSee All Photos (148)
Videos in Dar es SalaamSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
Latest Dar es Salaam hotel reviews
- Kilimanjaro Hotel Kempinski
- 223 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Peacock Millennium Towers Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 29, 2010
- Moevenpick Royal Palm Hotel Dar es Salaam
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Protea Hotel Oysterbay Dar Es Salaam
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- New Africa Hotel
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013