Lilongwe Things to Do Tips by georeiser
Lilongwe Things to Do: 10 reviews and 17 photos
Body massage is available at the fine hotels Sunbird Capital and Cresta Crossroads. Massage is also available at the Chinese run beauty salon opposite to Goodfellows bar, Noble House Chinese restaurant in Old Town and Bird Massage in Area 10 (New town).
The Mosque in old town of Lilongwe
A large mosque with two minarets is located in the intersection of Kamuzu Procession Road and Malangalanga road in the old town of Lilongwe. I'm not a muslim, but anyway I think this building is beautiful.
Address: Kamuzu Procession Road and Malangalanga road.
Directions: Area 1
Lilongwe market in the old town
Lilongwe food market in the old town is a hectic place. The fish from Lake Malawi arrives with a truck at 5 AM, and is poured out on the ground so the traders can sort the fish (see photo). The other food traders come a little bit later. You can buy all kinds of African food at this market.
Address: Close to Malangalanga road.
Directions: Lilongwe old town, in area 1. Not far from the large mosque.
The World War 1 memorial in Lilongwe
Lilongwe is marked by signs of the earlier colonial settlers. The World War 1 memorial clocktower is an example of that. The monument is located in the new town of Lilongwe, on the way to the airport.
More Reviews (23)
- Lilongwe is warm
- Crime in Lilongwe
- See All Long distance buses
- See All Chez Ntemba disco
georeiser's Related Pages
Lilongwe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lilongwe - Malawi Gold"
- "Nice Place Nice People"
- "The 'transit' zone!"
- "Malawi's capital"
- "Friendly city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lilongwe
- Hotels in Lilongwe
- Transportation in Lilongwe
- Nightlife in Lilongwe
- Restaurants in Lilongwe
- Warnings and Dangers in Lilongwe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lilongwe
- 27 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Lilongwe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lilongwe
Photos in LilongweSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues