"Lilongwe" Lilongwe by georeiser
Lilongwe Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 108 photos
Lilongwe is the commercial center and capital of Malawi with a population of 900,000 people. It lies in the central region, on the Lilongwe river. The town is marked by signs of colonial settlers. There are two distinct parts of the city. The Old Town, which is the original part of the city and features busy African markets, many Asian shops, hotels and restaurants. And the New Town, which is less than 20 years old and hosts the Government Buildings, Diplomatic Missions, International Aid Agencies, etc. There are some new shopping areas, hypermarkets, hotels and restaurants.
I didn't experience any crime in Malawi. But the taxi driver told me that petty street crime like pick-pocketing is... more travel advice
Chez Ntemba is one of two discos in Lilongwe. It's the most popular dance place in Lilongwe. Friday and Saturday nights... more travel advice
georeiser's Related Pages
Lilongwe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lilongwe - Malawi Gold"
- "Nice Place Nice People"
- "The 'transit' zone!"
- "Malawi's capital"
- "Friendly city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lilongwe
- Hotels in Lilongwe
- Transportation in Lilongwe
- Nightlife in Lilongwe
- Restaurants in Lilongwe
- Warnings and Dangers in Lilongwe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lilongwe
- 27 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Lilongwe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lilongwe
Photos in LilongweSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues