"Accra, the capital of Ghana" Top 5 Page for this destination Accra by georeiser
Accra Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 1,185 photos
Accra is the largest city and the capital in Ghana with a population of 4 mill people (greater Accra region included). The city was first settled in the 15th century when the Ga people came to the area, and has been the capital in Ghana since 1877. The Accra area was known for having ants and anthills, therefor the name Accra.
Ghanaians are a loudmouthed people: As a foreign visitor you will probably notice the shouting way of communication. It's not just to attract attention, but is also done in communication across the streets. It's interesting to hear the Tro-Tro's shared taxis driving by with the ticket collector shouting Accra, Accra, Accra out of the car window. It's sounds like crows.
The pictures are taken with a GPS enabled camera, and you can find the coordinates in many tips. Just start Google Earth and paste in the address, and you will see where it is on the map.
A new Accra for a better Accra? It is a city of low old buildings. Many of them are from the colonial era, and some few tall buildings. Nobody except inhabitants from Accra will honestly say that this is a beautiful city.
The aircraft flew over Niger before it landed in Ghana. Watch the map and follow the route.
The ghanaians are a loudmouthed people. As a foreign visitor you will probably notice the shouting way of... more travel advice
Local city bus in Accra is a cheap, but slow way of transportation. Many of the buses are wrecks, loaded with... more travel advice
- See All Afrodesiac
- See All Wok inn
- See All Internet cafe at Accra Kotoka Airport
- See All Baby Shop
- Accra is a warm place
georeiser's Related Pages
Accra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Accra, sóóó Ghana"
- "My beloved Accra"
- "Accra, the capital of Ghana"
- "Capital of Ghana"
- "Ghana: respect, my brotha!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Accra
- Hotels in Accra
- Transportation in Accra
- Nightlife in Accra
- Restaurants in Accra
- Shopping in Accra
- Warnings and Dangers in Accra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Accra
- 92 Reviews
- 418 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Accra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Accra
Photos in AccraSee All Photos (418)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues