Cape Coast Favorite Tips by georeiser
Cape Coast Favorites: 7 reviews and 30 photos
Buildings with decorated advertisements
Fondest memory: A lot of houses and buildings in Cape Coast are decorated and painted with advertisements from mobile network companies.
Cape Coast, Ghana
Fondest memory: Cape Coast is the capital of the Central Region in Ghana, and has a population of 100.000 people. The city is located 165 km west of Accra, which takes about 3-4 hours to drive. Cape Coast is most known for beeing the place where a large number of the slaves were held before they left Africa. The place was founded by the Fante tribe in the 10th century. From the 16th century it changed from beeing owned by colonialist from Netherlands, Sweden and finally Britain. The British had their operation in Cape Coast until Accra became their capital in 1877.
The road from Cape Coast to Kakum
Fondest memory: The road from north from Cape Coast to Kakum National Park takes you through many small villages and jungle areas.
Street scenes from Cape Coast
Fondest memory: Cape Coast is in African terms a well off city. Many of the buildings in the city centre has a colonial character, the most famous architectural area in Ghana.
Cape Coast Methodist Church
Fondest memory: Cape Coast has two large churches in the city centre, among them the Methodist Church.
More Reviews (11)
georeiser's Related Pages
Cape Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Coast, Caribbean Ghana"
- "Cape Coast"
- "Cape Coast"
- "Cape Coast Slave Fortress & Kakum National Park"
- "The former capitale of the Gold Coast"
- "Little town, big history!"
- "CAPE COAST"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Coast
- Hotels in Cape Coast
- Transportation in Cape Coast
- Nightlife in Cape Coast
- Restaurants in Cape Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Coast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Coast
- 16 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Cape Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Coast
Photos in Cape CoastSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues