"Zimbabwe, presumable better now" Zimbabwe by georeiser
Zimbabwe Travel Guide: 1,271 reviews and 3,469 photos
Zimbabwe is a landlocked country in the southern part of Africa. It's bordered by South-Africa to the south, Botswana to the west, Zambia to the north and Mozambique to the east. The population in the country is 13 mill people. 3 mill people live in the capital, Harere.
Zimbabwe is a republic with Robert Mugabe as President. He has been in power since the country's independence in 1980. The country was earlier a part of the British colony Rhodesia. Zimbabwe has been characterized by economic mismanagement and poverty. The Zimbabwe dollar was abolished in 2009 due to hyperinflation, and US dollar is now used as the national currency. The economic mismanagement is presumable a little bit better now since the worst year in 2008. At least there are more groceries in the shops.
Visa: Visa at the border cost 30 USD. Free entry for people under 18 years in companion with adults. Helpsome and co-operative border police. (Tourists from some countries f.ex Latin-America, have to pay 100 USD, and only allowed to stay for 3 days).
Mobil phone: OK roaming in Vic Falls.
ATM: No ATM's. Zimbabwe has no own currency.
Recommended language: English.
Infrastructure: OK in Vic Falls.
Friendliness by the people: Some annoying street sellers. Friendly against tourists.
Attention by Police/military: The police are friendly against tourists in Vic Falls.
Crime: Safe in Vic Falls.
Rainy period:: November to April
Price level: The country use US dollars. It's cheaper than Namibia and Botswana. Same price level as Zambia.
Airport departure tax: N/A.
My Victoria Falls page
An elephant was crossing the road from Kazungula border to Victoria Falls. The 70 km road is inside a national park, and has a lot of wild animals. Many of them are seen along the road.
The outskirts of Victoria Falls is not densely populated. The taxi driver took a shortcut before Victoria Falls and... more travel advice
The 70 km road along the south bank of the Zambezi river from Kazungula border to Victoria Falls is inside a national... more travel advice
georeiser's Related Pages
Zimbabwe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZIMBABWE! "MY FIRST ADVENTURE""
- "COLLAPSING BEAUTY"
- "Zimbabwe - Beautiful and diverse"
- "Zimbabwe - I cry for you"
- "Fierce Creatures in Zimbabwe"
- "Here's a few million dollars. Welcome to Zimbabwe."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zimbabwe
- Hotels in Zimbabwe
- Transportation in Zimbabwe
- Nightlife in Zimbabwe
- Restaurants in Zimbabwe
- Shopping in Zimbabwe
- Warnings and Dangers in Zimbabwe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zimbabwe
- 64 Reviews
- 337 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Zimbabwe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zimbabwe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 92 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asmara Intro, 76 reviews, 384 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 80 reviews, 351 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lome Intro, 60 reviews, 293 photos, 10 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 62 reviews, 278 photos, 9 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 61 reviews, 278 photos, 10 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 54 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 46 reviews, 235 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa Intro, 54 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Windhoek Intro, 59 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues