"Great Old Florida town" Top 5 Page for this destination Apalachicola by doug91
Apalachicola Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 49 photos
When people ask where to go in Florida to get away from the theme parks and crowded beaches, I always recommend Apalachicola first. It hasn't totally escaped the rampant growth everywhere that land touches water in this state, but it's grown with more dignity than most places. It's a laid-back town that's close to beautiful beaches (but not beachfront), surrounded by Florida wilderness (Apalachicola National Forest, Tate's Hell State Forest, St Vincent National Wildlife Refuge, and the list goes on...), and populated with good restaurants, classy accomodations, and even classier residents. We're lucky to have it so close to home.
- Pros:Food, location, and nature
- Cons:Buggy in the summer
- In a nutshell:What people mean when they say 'the Real Florida.'
doug91's Related Pages
Apalachicola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "apalachicola florida"
- "Quiet Panhandle Town with Genuine Charm"
- "Apalachicola: A Town Time “Almost” Forgot"
- "Great Old Florida town"
- "Basaic Apalachicola Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Apalachicola
- Hotels in Apalachicola
- Restaurants in Apalachicola
- Shopping in Apalachicola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Apalachicola
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Apalachicola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Apalachicola
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chile Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Pedro 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Abaco Island Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- El Yunque National Forest 1 review, 3 photos
- Savannah 3 reviews
- Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 3 photos
- Belize Intro, 2 photos
- Berlin Intro, 2 photos
- Heidelberg Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.