"paris" Paris by cwest03

Paris Travel Guide: 22,867 reviews and 56,683 photos

I've been to Paris three times now and each time I go I seem to like it that much more. The first time was toward the end of my first trip to Europe in 1998. I had been traveling for about 3 weeks and I remember it being very hot. I saw all of the top tourist spots and was lucky enough to be able to hang out with a friend that I had met in Berlin.

I met Anthony in a hostel in Berlin named Fredrick’s where we shared a room with a Russian guy name Sasha. Sasha would walk around the hostel lobby with these funky pants and his shirt off, looking for girls. Since this didn’t worked he talked Anthony into bleaching his hair because he said that “girls like blondes”. I don’t know that this technique worked either.

After skipping a night of sleep Anthony and I, accompanied by 2 Australian girls, a Spaniard couple, 3 Norwegians headed off to Prague. From Prague it was off to Vienna where I left Anthony and headed off to Venice and a day later I met up with him in Paris.

Work took me to Paris the second time but that didn't stop me from having fun. There was a bit to do in the mornings but in the afternoon and evening it was off to see the sights and have fun. This time I was accompanied by a colleague who was pretty fun so we had a good time.

The third time was with my girlfriend. You know what they say, Paris is for lovers. We had both been there once before which was kind of nice because we almost knew our way around. We had seen most of the major spots before so this time we got a chance to see some new sites.

I hope to go back again because Paris has so much more that I want to see.

During my trip in 1998 my next stop was London via Chunnel Train

During my 2003 trip to my friend's wedding in Spain we went to Barcelona next via the night train.

• Last visit to Paris: Aug 2001