"paris" Paris by cwest03
Paris Travel Guide: 22,584 reviews and 55,347 photos
I've been to Paris three times now and each time I go I seem to like it that much more. The first time was toward the end of my first trip to Europe in 1998. I had been traveling for about 3 weeks and I remember it being very hot. I saw all of the top tourist spots and was lucky enough to be able to hang out with a friend that I had met in Berlin.
I met Anthony in a hostel in Berlin named Fredrick’s where we shared a room with a Russian guy name Sasha. Sasha would walk around the hostel lobby with these funky pants and his shirt off, looking for girls. Since this didn’t worked he talked Anthony into bleaching his hair because he said that “girls like blondes”. I don’t know that this technique worked either.
After skipping a night of sleep Anthony and I, accompanied by 2 Australian girls, a Spaniard couple, 3 Norwegians headed off to Prague. From Prague it was off to Vienna where I left Anthony and headed off to Venice and a day later I met up with him in Paris.
Work took me to Paris the second time but that didn't stop me from having fun. There was a bit to do in the mornings but in the afternoon and evening it was off to see the sights and have fun. This time I was accompanied by a colleague who was pretty fun so we had a good time.
The third time was with my girlfriend. You know what they say, Paris is for lovers. We had both been there once before which was kind of nice because we almost knew our way around. We had seen most of the major spots before so this time we got a chance to see some new sites.
I hope to go back again because Paris has so much more that I want to see.
During my trip in 1998 my next stop was London via Chunnel Train
During my 2003 trip to my friend's wedding in Spain we went to Barcelona next via the night train.
Next to walking the Paris Metro is one of the best ways to get around and see Paris. It's fast, inexpensive and safe.... more travel advice
The hotel de l'Alma is a great little hotel that is located in the 7th district of Paris on a quiet one way street about... more travel advice
cwest03's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 9 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 30 reviews, 21 photos
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- San Jose Intro, 21 reviews, 15 photos
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Nerja Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Benidorm Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos