"The Gateway to the Northeast" Gauhati by jrober37
Gauhati Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 100 photos
The Northeast is a naturalists paradise with two major national parks. It is home to over one hundred different ethnic groups. Distinctive architecture and handicrafts - all on the banks of one of the great rivers of the world.
- Pros:Distinct architecture and ethnic presence
- Cons:Lacking in essential services
State Emporium and the Women's Craft Coop have the highly unusual work of the various ethnic groups found in the 'Seven... more travel advice
Origin related to the Vaishnava Movement of Orissa. Temple dates to the 16th century. Contains the 10 avatars of Vishnu.... more travel advice
jrober37's Related Pages
Gauhati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gauhati: The Gateway to Mystic North East"
- "The Beautiful Guwahati"
- "The Gateway to the Northeast"
- "gauhati or guwahti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gauhati
- Hotels in Gauhati
- Transportation in Gauhati
- Restaurants in Gauhati
- Shopping in Gauhati
- Warnings and Dangers in Gauhati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gauhati
- 10 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Gauhati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gauhati
Top 5 Pages
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Gauhati Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Mysore Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos
- New Delhi 5 reviews, 8 photos
- State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.