Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do Tips by Audia
Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do: 1,017 reviews and 2,051 photos
I felt sad seeing pictures in the wall. I saw how Vietnamese sufferred because of the war, women and children were the most victims.
This is one of the best museum I have ever seen in my life. The smell of damp air, the dark and forbidden bunker, the historical pictures on the wall, the cracked old furniture... A must see in HCMC. The admission is Dong 15,000 per adult and another 5,000 for the guide book.
Directions: The location is only within a short walk from the Cathedral.
HCMC District 1 has many parks, this one is located near my favourite shopping centre: Tax. The park was very green and well kept, extremely contrast with the hustle and bustle (read: motorbikes) in the city centre.
Directions: Next to Rex hotel and Tax centre.
Beautiful old Post Office with a big picture of President Ho Chi Minh.
What I bought from this place:
1. Dozens of HCMC postcards. 1 Dozen = Dong 6,000. International stamp to Asia cost me around Dong 7,000 to 10,000.
2. Fridge magnets. There're two small souvenir counters in this post office, both selling small local handicrafts. The price is about 1,5 times of Ben Thanh market or An Duong Plaza. Fixed price. 1 pair of fridge magnet around Dong 15,000.
3. Small lacquerware statue of Vietnamese girl in Ao Dai, around 12cm in height. Also about Dong 15,000.
Address: 2 Cong Xa Paris, District 1
Directions: Next to the Notre Dame Cathedral.
I always try to come to Catholic church whenever I am away. This one is a historical building in which every city tour in HCMC will include this church as a tourist spot. I managed to come in the opening hours from 3 to 4pm and stunned by the very detail ornaments of the altar as well as the peaceful feeling inside the Cathedral.
As I walked out after praying, there was a woman standing beside a small table selling all kinds of rosary and Catholic books. I bought a pink rosary bracelet for Dong 20,000; and now regret not to buy the blue color because one of the beads in my pink rosary was broken.
I have to go there again... ^^
Address: Dong Khoi, District 1
Directions: Next to the old Post Office
District 5 of HCMC is known as the Chinatown. I didn't explore through it though, just around Windsor Plaza Hotel, An Duong Plaza, and small restaurants along the road. If you prefer to walk around Chinatown, please make sure you are traveling in a minimum group of three since District 5 is not as safe as District 1.
There is a temple in the area called Thien Hau, but I didn't get a chance to visit it.
Address: District 5
What you can find in Ben Thanh market:
1. Lots of local souvenirs; from fridge magnet and lacquerware to various items from silk and ceramics.
2. Local snacks/food (I prefer buying the local food in supermarket for its fixed price)
3. Household items (bet you won't need this one, better to buy in your home country although everything's cheaper here but will occupy your luggage space...)
4. Fake branded bags and leather producs.
5. Cosmetics and hair accessories.
7. Wet market selling fruits, vegetables, meats and seafood. Located behind the Ben Thanh market, but still in the complex.
8. A bunch of street manicurist/pedicurist.
Be careful of pickpockets. Keep your passport at the safe in the hotel, and bring only the copy of it.
** For more shopping and pricing tips see my other shopping tips under 'Oleh-oleh'
Address: in the corner of Le Loi street
A unique view of Saigon busy road: a mosque behind the Sheraton Hotel. This is also called a Central Mosque. Built in 1935 by worshippers from India, the mosque is now serving India, Pakistani, Indonesian and Malaysian residents of HCMC as well as the Vietnamese Moslems.
Address: 66 Dong Du Street
Directions: Dong Du street, just behind the Sheraton Hotel.
More Reviews (18)
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saigon Saigon !"
- "IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
- "Former Saigon"
- "Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"
- "Lost in Saigon!?"
- "Ho Chin Minh City, the new Saigon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
- Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ho Chi Minh City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Isla Redonda Hotels
- Boca Grande Hotels
- Marineland Hotels
- Crow Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City
- 26 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City
Photos in Ho Chi Minh CitySee All Photos (36)
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Ho Chi Minh City hotel reviews
- Thien Tung Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013
- Windsor Plaza Hotel
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Lien Ha Hotel
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2013
- Thanh Long Tan Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Phan Lan Guest House 1
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Tan Hoang Long Hotel
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Southern Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 11, 2009
- InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Duna Hotel
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Victory Hotel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Nguyen Khang Hotel
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Regency Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- The First Hotel
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Tan Son Nhat Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2013
- Ben Thanh Market- 68 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Out of Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnels- 102 Reviews, 221 Photos
- War Remnants Museum- 101 Reviews, 209 Photos
- Mekong Delta- 67 Reviews, 156 Photos
- Reunification Palace- 78 Reviews, 184 Photos
- Notre Dame Cathedral- 74 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Chinatown- 33 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Post Office- 63 Reviews, 138 Photos
- City Hall- 38 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Massages- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do